What a beautiful day at Morialta with Amy and her family for their photo shoot recently. Here are a couple of the images from the day...
What a beautiful location for Marina, Ben & Autumn's photo shoot, just before sunset. And could little Autumn be any cuter?
It has been an exciting few weeks, which is why I have not blogged in a while.
Thanks Deb Curtis for asking me to help with the Magarey Medal Red Carpet photos again this year. Lots of excitement on the red carpet! Here is a link to the photos:
I was also very excited to make the short list for the July/August Canon Light Awards. Unfortunately, I did not win this time around, but there were some amazing entries and deserving winners. I look forward to the next Light Awards, whatever the brief may be.
The obvious thing that photographers charge for is their time during the photo shoot. But beyond that, what other factors do photographers need to factor in to their pricing structure?
- Equipment - professional photo equipment (camera, lenses, flashes, batteries, filters, studio lighting).
- Cost of props, particularly for newborn photo shoots.
- Time spent editing (I usually spend 5+ hours editing a 1-2 hour photo shoot). Every photographer differs in how much time they spend editing, if at all.
- Time spent cleaning studio, before & after a shoot.
- Time spent washing wraps and blankets following a newborn shoot.
- Time and money spent marketing.
- Time spent answering emails and phone calls.
- Water and electricity used for studio lighting, washing etc.
- Time spent giving consideration to the styling of shoots.
This is not a conclusive list, but may give an appreciation of all the many factors that are involved.
What a lovely day for a photoshoot on Saturday and boy were we lucky to dodge Sunday's stormy weather. It was so nice to meet Melissa & Robert and their two beautiful boys. Here are a few of the shots from the day.
Someone is officially over being my studio helper! Maybe it is just motherly love, but I had to laugh at this one of my son Louis.
What is more romantic than a Valentine's Day wedding. I was thrilled to be the second shooter for Michael & Naomi's wedding (lead photographer Deb Curtis). Here are a few of the images that I took from the big day.
Michelle Sanchez - Adelaide Photographer